Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fun With Scissors - part 3




















One of the reasons I decided upon these cartoon characters as something to collage on my breaks, was apart from their relative simplicity, due to my kids. On a trip to New Hampshire last year we passed a billboard advertising the Jellystone Park campgrounds with Yogi Bear's image accompanying it.

It dawned on me that pretty much any kid alive now, and born after the mid-1980s even, probably has no idea who Yogi Bear is. Most of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons don't much airplay now. It's been about a decade since Cartoon Network vanquished these characters to the little seen Boomerang channel in order to play endless reruns of their own created fare such as Powerpuff Girls, Cow & Chicken, etc., and their imported anime shows. The only classic cartoon they still show is Scooby-Doo.


















I'm having such a kick watching them experience some of these old chestnuts for the first time, that I decided to give these characters some of my own attention via scissors and paper.

1 comment:

Ylndgomez said...

I LOVE YOGI BEAR AND BOO BOO.