Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Hangman - Pencil Preview



















Here's a look at a sample page of the detailed pencil work that artist Tom Derenick has put into THE HANGMAN. I'm very excited to be working on this project. There's a lot of pleasure to be had in shaping a new character from the ground up. I'm also feeling a lot of gratification as the pages of artwork come across my desktop.

THE HANGMAN appears monthly as the back-up feature in THE WEB, starting on September 23rd. Drop in tomorrow to see what the above page looks like inked and lettered.

1 comment:

Shawn Robare said...

That page looks great John. I've always been kind of curious about the idea of working on creating new characters vs. trying one's hand at the tried and true heroes we all grew up with. Personally, the idea of bringing something new to comics always seems more exciting to me. Need to put these on the "to buy" list post haste...