Monday, November 01, 2010

Ask Me Anything #4



After a month off, "Ask Me Anything" returns. Use the comments section to ask me anything you want and I will strive to answer them either in the comments section, or in more elaborate posts throughout the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. You can see the previous questions here  here and here. Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month.

"Ask Me Anything" is a regular feature here and appears on the first Monday of every month.

Now ask away.

5 comments:

Robert Pope said...

I know you take Halloween about as seriously as I take the Christmas season, so this is meant without a hint of snark or sarcasm or poked fun: what on earth did you make of the Paul Lynde Halloween Special? He was always a fave of mine (Bewitched! Munsters! Hollywood Squares!) but as God is my witness, I have never been able to put in words my reactions to that ..."spectacle."

John Rozum said...

Robert --

Here's my tactful response to watching a a review copy of the DVD:

http://johnrozum.blogspot.com/2007/10/31-days-of-halloween-day-4-movie-2.html

I often lament that the variety show has gone the way of the allosaurus. Yes, they were inane, but no less so than any current "reality show," which as you know were called game shows back in our day. Just think "Battle of the Network Stars" and "That's Incredible" would be reality shows now.

I think there's a place for disposable, hastily put together, low budget comedy specials like this, just not in my DVD player. The key word here is disposable, and while it was almost fun to relive that for one evening I can't see that I'll be working that special into the holiday rotation anytime in the near or distant future.

Robert Pope said...

I always shake my head at the variations of the late 70's uhm..."personal interest" shows like "Real People," which probably reached their nadir with "Those Amazing Animals," which was, as I recall, hosted by 3 celebs, one of which was Burgess Meredith, who had a penguin for a mascot.

Sean Cloran said...

Is there an actor that provided the spark of inspiration for Adam in Midnight, Mass? (Like Famke Janssen for Julia)

Michael Jones said...

Who'd win in a fight between Godzilla and Gamera?