Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Xombi #6 On Sale Today


Today Xombi #6 goes on sale at a comic book store near you. 

This is the final issue of this short-lived series. "The Ninth Stronghold" was written to conclude with this issue so there won't be any real loose ends, and hopefully you'll find this issue to be a satisfying conclusion.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported this title; everyone who bought it, stocked it in their store, promoted it, recommended it to others, tweeted about it, blogged about it, reviewed it, interviewed me and gave it media coverage, told me ho much they enjoyed it, and especially those of you who took a chance on a series that was a complete unknown to you going in to it. I hope the experience you've had with Xombi will encourage you to make these leaps of faith on unknown material more often. 

While my available time is too limited to join any online groups, or comment on any discussions, posts, reviews, etc., I have seen a great deal of what people have had to say about Xombi, the questions you've had, and the speculation about motivations, etc. It also pleased me to see that message board discussions were intelligent, polite, and often enthusiastic and not the bitter sniping and complaining of many of the comic book discussion groups I've seen. 

To thank everyone who stuck with the series, and championed it, I'd like to try to do something to give back. If you check back here this coming weekend, I'll relate my plans on what I'm thinking of doing. I'll also have a bit of Xombi news, which you'll probably have found out elsewhere by then. (I'll spare you the anticipation in one regard. It's not to announce a new Xombi series). 

In the meantime, here's DC's solicitation material for issue #6:

Written by JOHN ROZUM; Art and cover by FRAZER IRVING

How is it possible to defeat someone who claims to see every moment of the future and plans for every eventuality? Unless David Kim and Annie Palmer can find an answer to this deadly puzzle, their lives – and the Ninth Stronghold– will be lost forever.

  • DC Comics
  •  
  • 32pg.
  •  
  • Color
  •  
  • $2.99 US
On Sale August 24, 2011

9 comments:

Stewart R said...

Terrific work on the Xombi series John and I have to say that of all the titles I'll be picking up today, #6 is the one I'm anticipating most! A real shame that we couldn't have more but thanks for the quality of what you and Frazer have given us!

Ursula 1000 said...

I am super heart broken about this being the final issue. Any plans on a trade? The ads really kill the flow of Frazier's beautiful artwork.

Steve said...

At least my stack of desert island comics is six issues taller.

Thank you, Messrs. Rozum and Irving.

Anonymous said...

I'm really going to miss this series... again. :(

Chris Gumprich said...

I was one of the new ones. Going to miss this series.

John Rozum said...

Thank you everyone. Frazer and I had a great time working on this project, and I hope that some day it will be back with both of us triumphantly reunited.

Check back this weekend for some Xombi news.

joseph lindsey said...

I was also one of the new ones and would like to express how thoroughly I enjoyed these six issues. It's been quite some time since I've been so captivated by a title. Thank you for your innovative writing and Frazer for rendering it so beautifully. I am no doubt on a mission now to seek out the original run!

Buzzard said...

I would not only like to say that this series was awesome, and I wish it would continue for way longer than six issues, but that you absolutely blew my mind with a "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" reference on the last page. Definitely one of the most obscure references I've ever seen in comics.

John Rozum said...

There's a story behind why I quoted "Lost Skeleton" besides it simply having more great quotable lines than any other movie. Check back in November when I give a little behind the scenes tour through "The Ninth Stronghold" and I'll tell you what it is.