Thursday, December 21, 2006

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



Whatever holiday you happen to celebrate this time of year, I wish you a great one. This image may seem like a bit of coal in your stocking, but I'm going to share it anyway for its personal historical significance.

This crude image of the Island of Misfit Toys gang from the classic 1964 Rankin-Bass Christmas special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," was created as a combination holiday card and moving card in December 2000. It is the first collage I'd ever attempted. It's pretty obvious that I had no idea what I was doing. Even so, Cara Scissoria, who has collaging talent to spare, and who printed the cards for me, encouraged me to pursue the art form, and so I did.

It's all her fault.

End of origin story.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Have a Neato Cool Christmas, John!!