Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Update #1



Here's the cover by Paul Azaceta for the first issue of THE FOUNDATION published by Boom! Studios. It's a 5-issue series which I'm writing from a concept created by Kody Chamberlain and interior art by Chee.

The solicitation describes it thus:

History shows that in the 1500s, Nostradamus' three volumes of prophesies were best-sellers, making him a rich man. But what the world doesn't know is he took his vast treasure trove of riches and invested them in creating a foundation to prevent his prophesies from occurring. This secret team still functions today, using Nostradamus' published and unpublished tomes to predict threats to worldwide security! In the vein of The X-Files, but with a 24-like spin!



The first issue was slated to appear later this month (next week, I think) but just to keep you up to date, that's not going to happen. I just turned in the script for this issue on Monday, and I'm guessing that Chee hasn't drawn a single panel yet. Of course, this doesn't mean that you can't still pre-order it through your local comic book store.

2 comments:

Steve said...

This has been on my pull list since the first mention in Previews...I'm looking forward to more of your tales of occult weirdness!

(I have to know: are you sneaking in any Kadmon or Sugarman references?)

John Rozum said...

No. There's actually going to be a lot less occult weirdness in this than you'd expect given the premise, and the fact that I'm writing it.

There will most definitely not be any references to any of my previous work either.

Keep your fingers crossed though, there may be some stuff in the pipeline that might even make "Xombi" seem about as weird as a run of "Betty and Veronica" in comparison. It's too early to say anything else at this point.

I'm glad you're looking forward to "The Foundation" though.