Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun With Scissors - part 121


















A few years ago I began a series of quick collages of various cartoon characters under the banner of "Fun with Scissors." The last entry was posted at Christmas 2007. I'm not continuing the series right now, though I do plan to revisit it again in the future. I'm posting this portrait of Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, which was created as a commission a couple of years ago, because I discovered by accident that some of my collages have been floating around the internet with the watermarks removed. I then revisited a couple of the original posts to discover that when I'd eliminated by Transmit account, the files I stored there were removed as well, and now the original posted images don't link to anything. Starting now, as time permits, I will begin to replace those thumbnails and the corresponding dead links with larger images which will all include the watermark.

I don't have a problem with people using these collages. One of the reasons I started doing them was that, for some of the secondary characters, there are no quality images available on the internet. Use them, but please let me know, and please give me credit when you do so. Removing the watermark is about as uncool as you can get.

No comments: