Saturday, December 18, 2010

Now Available


Until loyal Scooby-Doo fan, Shaggydoo informed me I was unaware that the most recent issue of SCOOBY DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? (#4) contained a story of mine. It's not a new story. In fact it's a reprint of a very old one going back to SCOOBY-DOO #17 from December 1998. "The Ghost of Christmas Presents" is actually the first Scooby-Doo story I ever wrote. At the time I thought it was going to be a one time deal. Little did I know that it would lead to more than a decade and well over 100 more stories featuring the Mystery Inc. gang. SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #4 actually came out over a week ago, but you should still be able to find it at a comic book store near you or wherever you find comics sold.




Yesterday I received my copy of MAD SCIENTIST #22 which contains a cut paper collage portrait of Boris Karloff as the Mummy which I made as well as a 12 page article I wrote on my favorite Hammer movie, BRIDES OF DRACULA. If that doesn't sell you, this issue also contains artwork by Bernie Wrightson, Don Marquez, and a great Varan cover by award winning artist, Bob Eggleton as well as articles on VARAN THE UNBELIEVABLE, THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK, and a terrific interview with Larry Blamire, the man who brought you THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA and TRAIL OF THE SCREAMING FOREHEAD.

I highly recommend this magazine and would do so even if I were not a contributor. In fact it was because I thought so highly of MAD SCIENTIST that I began contributing to it. Ordering information can be found at the MAD SCIENTIST website. Tell them I sent you.

1 comment:

ShaggyDoo said...

It's never a great thing when a comic puts out a second straight month of reprints, but at least the reprints from Scooby #4 were pretty swell since both were key stories of the original 159 issue DC Scooby run. Not only the first John Rozum story of over 100, but also the very first Joe Staton story who penciled even more stories than John wrote. Another reason someone might want to pick this up is the glossy pages in the new version of Scooby makes the art look strikingly different from the original release.