Monday, December 06, 2010

XOMBI Artist Announced



For ages, it seems, I've had to keep it a secret, but now I can announce that Frazer Irving will be handling the art for the upcoming XOMBI series which I'm writing. I can't think of anyone better suited to this project and my email exchanges with him only reinforce this. His artwork is gorgeous, but his approach to it, working from the characters and the individual perfomances of the characters outward, is completely in synch with my own approach. This is going to be a gorgeous comic book. Don't miss out.

Frazer's cover for the first issue can be seen above. Click on it to make it larger.

Check out what editor Rachel Gluckstern has to say about the upcoming series at DC's The Source.

7 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

The cover looks great.

Will we see the likes of Catholic Girl et al in the series? Will it be set in Dakota? Waht about Milestone guest stars?

John Rozum said...

I'd like to keep the content a surprise for now, but will say that it is mostly set in Dakota, and that at least one of the characters from the previous XOMBI series will return.

pulpcitizen said...

Sorry, I couldn't help but ask!

:)

Ken H. said...

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Not sure what I was expecting but.. yeah. Good news for sure and that is an eye catching cover. Definitely looking forward to it!

Ben said...

Brilliant and perfect. I am really looking forward to this.

heath said...

Oh wow! Fantastic news!

Incredibly excited for this, John!

John Rozum said...

Thanks, everyone. I really love and am very protective of the characters from XOMBI, and it's nice to have an artist come aboard who's asking a lot of questions about them so he can really get inside them and do them justice as well. I'm really excited to see how our work comes together on this.