Monday, October 06, 2008

31 Days of Halloween - Day 6 Movie 1















Not surprsingly, given today's main post, I watched "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" (1949). Actually, I just watched the Ichabod half which is an anaimated adaptation of Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," narrated and with songs performed by Bing Crosby.

I don't know that I have anything to add concerning this movie that hasn't been said before, but I still find it highly entertaining, and for me, is as essential Halloween viewing as "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." The visuals are terrific in this movie, even during the introduction to Ichabod, the rivalry between he and Brom Bones for the attention of Katrina Van Tassel, and especially during the Halloween party and the journey through the woods where Ichabod meets the headless horseman.

3 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I love these Disney videos. Watching the Legend of Sleepy Hollow is a tradition in our family and it's one of my all time favs. I shall commence to watching this ASAP...thanks for the reminder! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yep, this is part of my annual Halloween TV intake for sure!

Robert Pope said...

"Great Pumpkin" aside, this is as good as it gets.