Friday, October 31, 2008

31 Days of Halloween - Day 31











Todays's the big day. Halloween is finally upon us. Before I get to what's in store for the rest of the day, I want to thank all of the participants in this year's Halloween countdown and everyone who stopped by here whether you commented or not, though of course, the comments are always welcome. Make sure that, if you haven't already, you stop by some of your favorite blogs from this countdown and let them know how much you appreciated all of their effort in providing so much Halloween entertainment this month. As I know from doing this for three years now, it's a lot of work and it can be very draining. I raise my glass to each of you.
















I've completed my kids' costumes. Tonight we carved Jack O'Lanterns, and made a trip out to Brandywine Cemetery where we were set upon by living corpses of all degree of decay. Tomorrow, once the school buses roll out of our neighborhood I'll begin decorating our yard. The forecast calls for temperatures in the 50s and low 60s with sunny skies and almost no wind, meaning I may finally get my Halloween Tree up after several years of uncooperative weather.

I will post pictures late tonight and even try to get one more movie in. There will be a final related post on November 1st followed by some inactivity here as I take a break from this blog to catch up on everyone else's Halloween Countdown blogs, catch up on some work, some sleep, and find something to watch that doesn't have a monster in it. Then I'll start providing some other treats around these parts, so stop by.

I'd also like to thank everyone who took the time to visit my kids' art blog. It means a lot to them to know people check out their work and also took time to comment on it.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam and I were at Brandywine last night too. Then it was home to set up the "things in the window", including a skeletal mad scientist, complete with surreptitiously borrowed labware. The strobe light almost did me in though. After work, I have to rush home to put out the coffins and headstones for the outside...

Todd Franklin said...

As always I enjoyed your Halloween countdown. Hard to believe we just completed the third year. If I'm smart I'll start saving up for next year so I'm not so rushed. Anyway, Happy Halloween and I'll check back later tonight. Good luck with your display!