Monday, August 31, 2009

The Mouse and the Spider


















Disney is buying Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion. This will no doubt mean all manner of merchandising of Mickey Mouse dressed as Spider-Man, Donald Duck as the Hulk or Wolverine, and so on, and undoubtedly some sort of theme park attraction, probably at Disney Studios. Hopefully it will also mean the return of Disney Comics, which have been pretty absent in this country (excepting reprints of archived material).

Details, as they are known at this time, can be found here.

4 comments:

Jay Smith said...

I love disney.

Robert Pope said...

thanks also for the totally composed covers from the first (and best, to my way of thinking) "Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe."

Wonder Man said...

I hope this works

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I just heard that yesterday and I was wondering how the comic fans would feel about it.