Tuesday, October 13, 2020

31 Days of Halloween - Day 13 - Movie



Resurrected as Mircalla, the 18th century vampire, Carmilla, of the dreaded Karnstein family of vampires, is implanted in a girls finishing school, where she preys on the other students, villagers and a teacher, while finding love in another teacher, before the villagers rise up against her.

Since there are only very few left that I haven't seen, I'm always excited when I finally get to see a Hammer movie for the first time. Lust For a Vampire (1971) is one I've been wanting to see for a very long time. I'd heard it was not very good, and it turns out that view is correct. The characters are not very interesting, and the story just limps along not giving us anything that we haven't seen before. I also kept finding myself distracted whenever Mike Raven as Count Karnstein came on screen, all I could think is that Christopher Lee must have said "no," to this film (I don't know if that's true, or not), and that they cast someone who looks enough like him and sounds enough like him instead. It's overall a very forgettable movie, and no doubt in a few years I'll forget how disappointing it was and end up watching it again.




No comments: