Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Superman's Pal - part 1





One of my favorite comic books of all time is "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen." Yes it was silly, but it was also pretty inventive too> I only wish comics published now were this much fun. The best part of this series for me, were the covers. Sadly, I do not have all of my Jimmy Olsen comics available at this time. Many are still in storage. Starting today, I'll post a couple (and some "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane" covers as well) each day, until I run out.

Today: two of my favorites; issue #79 and issue #88.

2 comments:

Robert Pope said...

Too cool. Didn't Bob Oskner work on some of those Olsen issues (not necesarily the ones you highlighted)
Pretty groovy, man!

John Rozum said...

Oh, so scans of the cover aren't good enough for you, Mr. Pope? Now, you want me to take these things out of their bags and look up credits for you too?

Well, fine, I will. Just not tonight.

I think you are right about that, but it's been a long while since I've actually read these, so my feeble mind can't recall.