Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Special - part 2



I don't know where this publicity photo came from, but I've had it since at least 1978, before the "Star Wars Holiday Special" aired on tv. It's not all that remarkable an image, except for the fact that this was the first time that I'd ever seen one of the Stormtroopers without their helmet. That really captured me. Even though I realize that it's just the head of the actor wearing the costume, I'd been wondering what the stormtroopers looked like under their helmets. Were they even human? This, at least for my young self, answered that mystery.

3 comments:

Robert Pope said...

GROOVY!

Anonymous said...

This image came from an insert in an issue of Starlog magazine.

John Rozum said...

Thanks for the reminder. I remember that now. I think the Twiki was on the cover, but the main image was Battlestar Galactica. issue #34? Amazing how the memory can be triggered.