Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Special - part 8



Another option for reliving a movie experience back in the pre-VCR days was the story record. Many movies, tv series and comic books had audio stories that were recorded onto lps (long playing records for you young'ns). "Star Wars" was no exception. There were also read along records, where an illustrated booklet was included so the listener could read along and see some visuals.

While I was unable to track down "The Story of Star Wars" itself (if anyone has a copy on CD or as an mp3, I'd love to have it), the fine folks at Check the Cool Wax
have a number of the shorter "Star Wars" story records for download.

4 comments:

Erick said...

I posted this on my blog in April. It's at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.

Wonderful Wonderblog

John Rozum said...

Thank you! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog as well.

Dartman said...

I also posted this back a ways. There is also a few other Star Wars related items as well and I plan on putting up some other stuff in the next couple of weeks!
www.dartmansworldofwonder.blogspot.com

Lacey said...

The record was very popular, even being played on the radio as part of the FM album shows which flooded the dials back when radio was still king. It is no problem finding all three story albums on-line.