Thursday, May 27, 2010

30 Years of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - part 27

 Three years ago to the day, as part of my month long celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, I posted an article from Women's Day magazine about the coolest action figure playset that you could build yourself.  I also promised that three years later I would post the follow up article on the Women's Day playsets inspired by The Empire Strikes Back. Here we are in the future I predicted and I'm keeping that promise.

From the November 25, 1980 Women's Day:











Unlike the Star Wars inspired playset from three years earlier, these are actually manageable on a minimal budget.

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

Wow, you're like The Amazing Criswell.

Anonymous said...

These playsets are the coolest things I have ever seen. Why doesn´t Woman´s day still do stuff like this? Imagine the stuff they could make today! Matrix playset, Land of the lost etc.