Monday, May 07, 2012

Ask Me Anything #20




It's time once again for "Ask Me Anything." This feature runs on the first Monday of every month and gives you the opportunity to ask me anything you might be wondering about me, my work, or anything else I might have a possible answer for. 

Head down to the comment section and post your question. I'll either post my answer in the comment section as well, or answer it in a special post all its own sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones. all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 and #19.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away.

6 comments:

Robert Pope said...

Have you ever professionally worked "Marvel Method," and if not, would you like to try it to see how writing a comic book "fil in the blanks" style would suit you?

Travis said...

Barring the original, what's your favorite version of Godzilla: the child-friendly superhero from the '70s, or the more anti-hero-like version from the '80s and '90s?

And for a somewhat smarter question: I find that whenever I try to write dialogue, I have a lot of trouble really giving it a sense of life. Do you have any advice on how to write dialogue that doesn't just feel flat?

Ben Z said...

1) Supposing you are in the deep woods of Michigan, how are the ticks this year? Do you have struggles with ticks, and if so, how do you approach the struggles?

2) Do you feel the scripts for Kobalt #17-19 could be successfully reconfigured to feature new characters (other Company characters or ones that you own)? Or were the scripts only viable with the Kobalt character and in the context of the 16 other issues?

3) Have you ever considered a creator-owned series that used your ideas for the post-Morrison Doom Patrol as a starting point?

4) Would you be able to endorse any current comic series being published outside of The Big Two?

John Rozum said...

These are all good questions and I will tackle them all as separate posts.

Michael Jones said...

I can't think of any questions this month. Are you okay with that?

John Rozum said...

Relieved actually. ;)