Monday, September 05, 2011

Ask Me Anything #13

3




It's the first Monday of the month and time for the 13th edition of "Ask Me Anything." So, if you've ever had something you've wanted to ask me, wondered about an aspect of a particular project of mine, been curious about something I said, or did, what I thought about a particular movie, or pretty much anything at all, now's your opportunity to obtain the answer you've been looking for.  

Head down to the comment section and post your question. I'll either post my answer in the comment section as well, or answer it in a special post all its own sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones. all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10  #11 and #12.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month.

Ask Me Anything will not appear in October, but will return on the first Monday of November. 

Now ask away.

7 comments:

Michael Jones said...

Have you ever had any jobs that require physical labour? How long was your mother in labour with you? Do you do anything special to celebrate Labour Day (though for you it's Labor Day.)

AnotherJohn said...

In honor of the big Static Shock re-launch this week, I'll throw out a few Static Shock questions. Feel free to answer or not answer any you see fit!

* Xombi shows you've got a really unique sense of humor. Static's always been a pretty humorous comic itself, but possibly in a different way than Xombi or Midnight Mass. How are you going about putting your own personal spin on Static?

* Hardware: Regular supporting character for the new title, or just a one-time guest star?

* Static has got a past as a team member, both for Heroes and more recently for Teen Titans. Do you know if this history still stands?

* I was a BIG fan of the diversity in the original Milestone line-up, and thought it was great the way the original Static comic handled GLBT issues. Any GLBT characters or issues we'll be seeing in the new book?

* Pale Man looks cool :) Any plans to have him meet the Joker?

* How much do we have to beg you to sneak Rocket into the book? :D

* Is there any one thing about the new comic you've been anxious to share but haven't yet?

Can't wait for Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Any chance of you taking a shot at an ICON ongoing?! I would love to read that and out of DC's current crop of writers there's nobody I trust nearly as much as you to handle that book. Even better, I'd love to see you try your hand at a Shadow Cabinet book.

John Rozum said...

Michael -- Yes. A while. No.

Another John -- Static will still have his lighthearted wit as well as some of his traded barbs with Sharon. I really wanted to make the series as a whole fun and light in tone, but was told that it needed to be serious and darker.

Hardware? That would be telling.

I'm looking at all of the Milestone history as still existing continuity. The time with the Titans, so far as I know, and would prefer, is gone. I think in terms of an overall restart, it makes more sense for the teen characters to just be meeting each other now. I'm looking forward to Static's first run in with the Titans.

Virgil's personal life is taking more of a back seat in the first few issues, while we familiarize new readers with his Static side. One of the things I really liked about the original series was Virgil's relationship with his friends. Right now he's just starting to make some new ones, so we'll have to wait and see.

No plans for the Joker right now.

I'd love to bring more Milestone characters in, but don't want to do Icon and Rocket unless I have a really big way of bringing them in. Icon and Rocket I really associate with Dwayne, and feel a bit weird about trying to write them. If I do, I want to make sure its in a way that DC will see the error of their ways for not making them a central part of the DCnU.

There are many things I've been anxious to share but still can't.

Anonymous -- See above.Thank you for the kind words. I'd love to take a crack at Shadow Cabinet as well. I'd really like to see Matt Wayne take another crack at it though.

Robert Pope said...

Bruce Timm has called "Jaws" a "perfect film." Which film produced since 1970 (just to make things easier) do you consider "perfect" and why?

Anonymous said...

How old is Static in this series?

John Rozum said...

Tough question, Robert. Let me give that some thought.

Anonymous -- Static is 16 in the new series.