Monday, October 01, 2018

31 Days of Halloween - Day 1



Welcome to my 13th Annual Halloween Countdown. This year has been a busy one for me and I have not had the time to devote to what I was hoping to offer up this year for my countdown. Instead, each day I will be offering up some posts from Halloween Countdown's past. I know this seems kind of lame (and it might be), but I began this in 2006 and every October has had at least one post a day, but more typically three, since there were daily movie viewings as well. That's a lot of posts. I also decided that nor everyone has seen every one of my Halloween Countdown posts going back to 2006, nor will they take the time to peruse them on their own (which you are welcome to do. Simply click on each year's October in the side bar). I've decided on a selection that both represented the presentation of ephemera found in a wide variety or sources, such as old magazines, as well as posts that exemplify what Halloween really means to me personally. There's a lot of good stuff in here, so check back every day to find out what's in store. There will also be a daily movie, and  in some cases two a day, though my time this year is pretty restricted.

To begin this year's Countdown, I'll begin by posting some interconnected posts on what elements I find absolutely necessary to a successful Halloween and my ideal viewing marathon if I could ever take the full day to just sit in front of the television, or better yet, a movie screen. You can find these posts here, here, and here.

Also, don't forget to visit my companion blog, The Grim Gallery, for monster goodness every day throughout the year.

No comments: