Saturday, February 11, 2023

THE ABYSS #6 is Now Free to Read

The culmination of the Red King saga is now available to read for free at Interpop Comics. This storyline greatly expanded the supporting cast of The Abyss, revealed a great deal of the mythology behind his group of Acolytes, gave some hints into the Abyss's origins, and provided a key villain, and former ally, in the form of the Red King, while also establishing alliances, betrayals, and suggestions of what's to come. A lot of work went into this book, not just from myself, but from my talented collaborators, Cliff Richards, Chris Sotomayor, Carlos Mangual, Rylen Sigman, and Rachel Gluckstern, and I think it shows. You can read the entire saga of the Abyss, thus far, for free. That includes all six issues of the ongoing series, plus the four 8-page stories starring the Abyss which appeared in Emergents Presents. Give them a read and let me know your thoughts on them.

3 comments:

Alan Blank said...

With Ineterpop going out of business is there a possibility that the characters will revert to their creators/writers (i.e. The Abyss). I admit to being a fan of Xombi and Midnight Mass and I would read more of your work if available.

John Rozum said...


The fate of those characters is up in the air right now, though there has been some ideas about what might happen with them, which I'm not at liberty to reveal. I would love to write more of The Abyss. I'd actually outlined it through issue #72 right before it ended.

I am working on a pair of new projects. One in comics, one not. My goal with the comic book project, which is intended as a finite series about 14 issues long, is to write as much of it as possible before I even approach an artist, or publisher, so it will be a little while.

Alan Blank said...

I can understand if it doesn't feel this way, but thank you for the good news. I look forward to the new project, and hope it find a publisher.

As to the Interpop situation, if Steve Rude and John Ostrander were able to the rights back to Nexus and Grimjack I'm not going to predict what happens with you and the other Interpop creators.