Sunday, October 03, 2010

31 Days of Halloween - Day 3

There are some houses that don't need to decorate for Halloween. You should also avoid ringing their doorbell for trick-or-treats. 




The Reptile (1966)


13 Ghosts (1960)


The Changeling (1980)




Bride of Frankenstein (1935)


The Others (2001)








The Raven (1963)






Burnt Offerings (1976)


Phantasm (1978)







The Haunting (1963)

While the matte painting for The Fall of the House of Usher and The Raven are obviously, and not surprisingly, the same coming from thrifty Roger Corman, take a closer look at the house from Burnt Offerings and the Morningside Funeral Home from Phantasm



       

7 comments:

Dane said...

I'm glad for your coda. I caught the two identical Corman paintings, but i also noticed the Burnt Offerings and Phantasm lookalikes and wondered if I was just imagining it.

Belle Dee said...

I can't decide which place I want to move into the most.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Wow...those are all great houses! Too bad they aren't all in the same neighborhood!

Steven Altis said...

It's like the best realtor's catalog ever! I've been wanting to do something like this for the past couple of Countdowns but knew I that I would never actually take the time to sit down and do it (Every time I start searching an old scary movie for a particular screen shot I just end up watching the whole thing through to the end again)Glad that you put this collection together... except for that old abandoned cabin in the woods, I would live in any one of them!

John Rozum said...

Thanks, everyone. I've been meaning to do this for a few countdowns as well, but didn't for the same reasons. I will definitely be doing a follow up to this next year. In the meantime, more spooky houses to come this Countdown so keep checking back.

LC Douglass said...

As Russ Tamblyn would say, "I'll let you have the house - cheap."

Todd Franklin said...

My favorite is a tie between The Ghost and Mr. Chicken or The Haunting. Great post!