Monday, April 11, 2011

WDW Pirates of the Caribbean Gift Shop

The Pirates of the Caribbean remains one of my favorite attractions at either Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom. Almost as impressive as the ride is the attention to detail that goes into the theming of the gift shop at the end of the ride in Magic Kingdom. 

Here are some photos of many of the design and decorative elements to be found in the gift shop. These were taken when I was able to do so without anyone else in the gift shop except for the cast member manning the register. Now I only wish that more of the merchandise to be had here was based on the attraction and not on the series of movies which the attraction spawned. 

Click any image to make it larger. 










     

4 comments:

Unknown said...

J--

Did you happen to see this while you were there?

http://www.imaginerding.com/2010/08/pirates-of-polynesian.html

John Rozum said...

I did not. Do you know when it was added? I spent most of my time in there looking up, and it's my favorite gift shop to take in the details, so I can't imagine how I could have missed it. Thanks for sharing. I think it's a great way to reuses some props.

Unknown said...

Foxfurr from Passport2Dreams showed it to me in August 2010. It was still fairly new.

It took me a while to find it to show it to Andy (my brother) when we were there two weeks ago.

One of the Cms had no idea what we were talking about.

John Rozum said...

Well then, so much for my powers of observation. You can be sure I'll find it during my next trip.