Sunday, June 12, 2011

Haunted Mansion Tribute Show



     



Above are the pieces I did for the 2nd Annual Tribute to the Haunted Mansion show at the Parlour Gallery in Burbank, California. On top is "The Singing Busts" and the pair below is "Dracula" a reproduction of unused concept art by Marc Davis for one of the changing portraits.

The pieces were done as cut paper collage assemblages and can be purchased through the Parlour Gallery at Halloween Town. The show runs through July 3, 2011.

Click on the images to make them larger.

2 comments:

Belle Dee said...

Wow! Those are so cool!! I don't think I've even seen the concept art for the Marc Davis Dracula. These are wonderful John, thanks for posting them!

John Rozum said...

Thanks for the kind words, Belle. One of the reasons I picked the Marc Davis concept art to work from is that I didn't think it likely anyone else was going to be doing it also. The tough thing about this show is that so much of it is so iconic and as much as i would have loved to have done a piece with the hitchhiking ghosts or the stretching portraits I knew they'd already be well represented.