Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Xombi #4 - On Sale Today


Twenty pages of people having breakfast never looked as good as it does in the exciting new issue of Xombi, which goes on sale today. If you don't believe me, you can view the first three pages as beautifully rendered by Frazer Irving, lettered by Dave Sharpe, and written by me, by visiting the exclusive preview at IGN.


Here's what DC's solicitation text (which I provided) says happens this issue:


Written by JOHN ROZUM; Art and cover by FRAZER IRVING
The secrets of Roland Finch and the Ninth Stronghold are uncovered. As David and his companions set out to forge an alliance against Finch, David takes his first steps toward a destiny he's determined to avoid.
  • DC Comics
  •  
  • 32pg.
  •  
  • Color
  •  
  • $2.99 US
On Sale June 29, 2011

This is all true but veiled so as not to ruin any surprises before you read them in the actual story. 

5 comments:

Terence said...

Bought the issue yestwrday and am really enjoying this arc. Today I mail a letter to DC imploring them to continue this series.

John Rozum said...

Thanks Terence - on both counts.

toodiesel said...

Just read this on the can before i started work today, great issue, the floating islands are great!! I checked out the series because of Frazier Irving, so glad there's actually a cool story to go along with it! I have to find out the story about the strongholds!! I can't wait for #5!

WickedUrge said...

I really love Xombi, I was just getting into it. Is there any chance that the series will keep going after September?

John Rozum said...

Thanks. I honestly don't know what DC's plans (if any) are for Xombi after the September relaunch. I'm sure they were as surprised by the highly favorable reception that it received as anyone.

My best recommendation on getting more Xombi to happen is to send the powers that be at DC Comics an actual snail mail letter letting them know what you thought of the current run and that you'd like more. It was this kind of approach by fans of the original series that allowed Xombi to return for its current run, and who is to say that strategy coul;dn't work again.

I can say that both Frazer and I would love to keep going with it and I have enough material planned out to keep it going for quite some time.

Thanks again.