Monday, February 04, 2013

Ask Me Anything #27




It's the first Monday of the month, and the new year, and time for "Ask Me Anything."  I'll field any questions and try and answer them throughout the month.

Questions can be about anything at all; my work, my influences, my opinions, my favorites, least favorites, stuff I've watched, read, looked at, eaten, or listened to, or anything else you might want to know, and that I might have an answer for. Head down to the comment section and post your question. I'll either post my answer in the comment section as well, or answer it in a special post all its own sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones, all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 , #19,  #20,  #21#22,  #23#24#25, and #26.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away. 

2 comments:

Deniz said...

Do you have anything in the works in terms of comic books? I miss your unique voice !

John Rozum said...


Thank you. I decided to take some time away from comics and have been writing for other media (sadly, I am not allowed to say what I've been working on) and to focus on some personal projects, including artwork for gallery shows and some writing projects that I've put aside for a long while.

I miss the media of comics and have been putting together material for new projects. The trick now is to find a home for them. But I'm only going to do that if I feel right about it. I don't see myself going back to DC, and would be surprised if they'd even have me.

I'm more interested in telling creator owned stories that myself, my artists, my publishers and my readers can feel enthusiastic about, than compromising myself on someone else's property, unless it's a property I feel an affinity for and one that I feel I can use to tell stories worth telling.