Monday, March 04, 2013

Ask Me Anything #28




It's the first Monday of the month and time for "Ask Me Anything."  I'll field any questions and try and answer them throughout the month.

Questions can be about anything at all; my work, my influences, my opinions, my favorites, least favorites, stuff I've watched, read, looked at, eaten, or listened to, or anything else you might want to know, and that I might have an answer for. Head down to the comment section and post your question. I'll either post my answer in the comment section as well, or answer it in a special post all its own sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones, all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 , #19,  #20,  #21#22,  #23#24#25#26, and #27.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away. 

5 comments:

Michael Jones said...

My pc died and I lost all my links so I haven't visited in a while. Thus no inane Monday questions from me lately. This'll make up for it.

The second anniversary of the quake & tsunami in Japan is coming up and I don't fell like my life has changed much in two years. (Okay two new jobs, my mother passed away and a few girlfriends have come & gone. Other than that nothing has changed.)

How has YOUR life changed in the last two years?

Robert Pope said...

If one urban legend creature could actually exist (assuming iin fact that they do not) which one would you want it to be and why?

John Rozum said...

Michael - That's a problem I'm well familiar with. Sorry to hear it. My condolences on the loss of your mother as well.

Over the past two years I've gone from what I felt was my most pleasurable and critically lauded work in comics, to my worst job experience ever (also in comics), to not having worked in comics at all for over a year now. Do I miss it? Yes and no. I love the medium and collaborating with lots of talented artists. Unless a large company came to me with a dream project, such as Kamandi, I'm now only interested in working on creator owned projects, or licensed projects that I feel a connection to that are being published at companies I feel merit my participation.

My day-to-day life has not changed much except that my daughter is now an often-surly teenager and my son is an often surly almost teenager, but they're still both good kids.

John Rozum said...

Robert - Tough question. Let me think on that.

Michael Jones said...

I'd like to see a Kappa surface.