Friday, October 27, 2006

31 Days of Halloween - Day 27



I'm suffering an excruciating ear infection at the moment, and am not up to putting together the more involved post I'd planned for today, so instead I'm offering this tidbit from my archives. This DATE DUE strip is from roughly 1987-1988. The Metaluna Mutant is carrying an "Emergency" lunchbox, appropriate since this strip took place in the early 1970s, though anachronisms did occasionally occur, such as the reference to "The Incredible Shrinking Man," a movie that came out in 1977 and was anything but incredible, but I still like the idea of it.

If you liked this ballpoint pen extravaganza, I posted some more of these back in June.

I also posted a bit of an origin story as to why I chose to name this strip DATE DUE, if you're curious.

If the pain on the right side of my head lessens any, I'll put up a more proper post for today later on.

1 comment:

Trevour said...

I've got an almost-unbearable toothache myself - strangely chewing some gum is relieving the pain! Hope your ear pains go away promptly!

I love this! The Metaluna Mu-Tant will always be a classic monster in classic cinema. Speaking of which, I get the monthly Iwata airbrushing newsletter, and this article was featured several months back!