Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fun With Scissors - part 104



















For the SCOOBY-DOO comic book, when dealing with the character of accident prone, Daphne Blake, I always gave her the task of asking any questions that weren't of a technical nature (questions Velma or Freddie would ask) during an investigation-- reporter questions; who, what, where, when, and how? She also tended to be the empathetic one, comforting and reassuring the victims of the ghosts and monsters.

This isn't to say that I didn't embrace her ability to trip into a trap door at a moment's notice. I even had one story in which the Mystery Inc. gang couldn't find a secret entrance, so Freddie purposely bumped into Daphne, so that thrown off balance, she'd stumble onto the hidden switch which opened the door.

I'm not sure how I feel about her hair, so any feedback on that would be welcome. Using real red hair for the character of Gravity Girl worked great, so I thought I'd try it again here, but I'm not so sure. I may just redo it with plain orange paper.

I also scanned Daphne before I glued her hair on so you can see what she'd look like with Bettie Page black hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could see where your reservations about the hair would come from, but I think the effect is dead snazzy, and although it doesn't work quite as well as it does on the one you linked to, I vote keep it.