Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Installation Piece



Aside from some writing projects, I've also embarked on a couple of art projects for the Shaman Drum Bookshop in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The first, as noted in a previous post was creating a series of thumbnails to serve as visuals for a number of book categories for the store's website. There will be 15 of these when completed.

My larger project is an installation piece for the store's children's section to make the section more inviting, and hopefully, a bit more magical for that section's intended audience. It's a huge undertaking which I'm hoping to have completed and in place by the end of August. So far things are progressing without incident, and I may actually manage to meet this self-imposed deadline.

Here's a sneak peek of a portion of the piece. I've tried to document ever step in constructing this work, and once it's completed, I'll begin posting the complete process until enough of you scream out with boredom, begging me to stop.

1 comment:

Shane said...

brilliant!!! Wonderful and Brillinat!