Wednesday, August 23, 2006

In Comic Book Stores Today

One of the questions I'm asked most often is which of my comic book stories is my favorite? I don't have any definite answer to that, though I can usually manage to name a handful of which I was pleased with the outcome.

One of them is a short Dexter's Laboratory story called "It Lurks in the Night" which is something of a tribute to late night horror hosts and the days before VCRs when you had to wait for a movie to show up on television (on one of 6 channels) if you wanted to see it. If it was on in the middle of the night, you set your alarm clock. if you were a kid, you had to be sneaky, too. I'm convinced that this phenomenon is my generation's equivalent of walking two miles to school everyday, uphill in both directions through three feet of snow.

"It Lurks in the Night" is available today in CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY #24.

No comments: