Monday, January 06, 2014

Ask Me Anything #35




It's a new year, and time for some new questions and new answers. As always, the first Monday of the month means it's time for "Ask Me Anything." 

You can ask me any questions you'd like, whether it's about my work, opinions, influences, favorites, least favorites, or anything else you think I might have an answer for. Questions can be posted in the comments section below, and I'll either answer them there, or in a separate post sometime later in the month.

Please take the time to view the previous questions so that we don't wind up with a lot of repetition. I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones, all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 , #19,  #20,  #21#22,  #23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33, and #34.  Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away. 

3 comments:

Joe said...

Joe here, first off i would like to say i hope your new years and holiday season were good.

And my questions are

1.) If you could write a story or see two heros have a comic series where they fight or team up who would they be and why. For example i would love to see a Batman/Green Arrow team up or VS they are similar and yet very different which makes me want to see it, billionaires with different attitudes that use gadgets. one very serious the other very comedic. seems like it would be interesting.

2. Are there any heros that if possible you would change anything about them (backstory, powers, personality, morals, etc), if so who would you change, what would you change about them, and why?

Michael C. said...

When are you coming back to comics? We miss you.

John Rozum said...


Sooner than later, I hope. After I left DC, I decided to take some time off from comics so that I could come back to them filled with enthusiasm. I've also made a decision to focus on creator owned material, and only to work on licensed material if it appealed to me.

I have seven creator owned projects in various stages of active development. One has an artist attached to it. Unfortunately four of those projects had central aspects to them that required a great deal of research in unrelated areas that were not in areas I knew a lot about, so that has slowed things down some, but two of those have moved past the research portion and into the story assembling stage and hopefully I'll be ready to start fielding artists for them soon.

I have been talking to a few publishers who have expressed a keen interest in taking new projects from me, so things are moving forward, though nothing is going to be published soon.

On the plus side, these are all projects I really want to do. They all have elements that you would expect from me, but are all very different from one another, so I'm excited to see them come to fruition.

Keep checking back, as I'll post news as I am able. I may even be teasing artwork from one of them in a month or so.