Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 10

Anyone who has set foot in a Michaels store looking for Halloween items is familiar with the Lemax Spooky Town collection. Taking up an entire side of one the aisles, these garishly colored and painted miniature buildings, characters and set pieces must be a pretty big hit as they seem to sell well, and they continue to issue new collections each year.

I look through them, too, but every year find that they really aren't to my taste. There's something cheap and kitschy about them in the sloppy painting they exhibit that just doesn't trigger any seasonal affection for them. I have picked up a few of the trick or treaters in costume and a few cemetery items, but overall, don't find much about these that appeal to me.

Be that as it may, I'm sure there are those of you out there who feel otherwise, and my own disinterest is not meant as a condemnation of your enjoyment. For you, here is the flyer for the 2008 collection -- not too old to be sure, but I came across it while organizing my office and thought it could benefit someone out there.








No comments: