Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 19


In my search for photos of myself from Halloweens of my childhood, I've been pretty unsuccessful. I don't know how much of it is my parents not documenting us in our costumes, though I seem to recall photos being taken, how much of it is due to my mother's long ongoing project of "organizing" the family photos, which from what I've discerned is according to a system only she was likely to have understood and most likely forgotten, or how much of it was to the vast number of years on which every photo was taken as a slide. The slides I have not been brave enough to tackle, yet.

So far, here are two that I did find. The above is from 1967 when I was not quite two years old.


The above is from 1971, making me almost five. I'm the one dressed as Spider-Man. My brother is wearing my hand-me-down Casper the Friendly Ghost costume sans the mask (which I wore proudly when the costume was mine). My best friend at the time, Ricky Sangster, is the tiger-headed leopard.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

I'm afraid I don't have any childhood photos from Halloween. I guess my parents just didn't think about blogging way back in the 1970s!