Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 16


Many of you may recall Read magazine from Junior High English classes. Published by Xerox, it was a magazine filled with short stories, non-fiction pieces and plays often based on popular culture ( I have an issue containing a Star Trek episode) that students were meant to read out loud in the classroom. I have a bunch of these that I acquired from Mrs. Flynn, my old English teacher, many dating back many years before I set foot in Junior High, including the March 2, 1973 issue above. Looking through them, it was clear why she passed them on to me as they are all somehow horror or science fiction related.

Two of the issues, the one above, and the February 22, 1979 issue contained material covering Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde which is presented here for your enjoyment. Click on any image to make it larger.





The above artwork is by Blanche Sims. Artwork in the following is by Ray Keane. 











No comments: