Monday, August 01, 2016

Ask Me Anything #56



It's the first Monday of the month which means it is time for "Ask Me Anything".  This means anything you want; questions about my work, influences, opinions, anything at all. Anything except what is happening with the Milestone relaunch, because I don't have an answer for you beyond "it's still moving forward."

Questions can be posted in the comments section below, and I'll either answer them there, or in a separate post sometime later in the month.

I've been asked a lot of good, thought provoking questions in the past as well as some really banal ones, all of which I tried to answer. You can see the previous questions by visiting Ask Me Anything  #1#2 ,  #3#4#5#6 , #7 , #8#9,  #10,  #11,  #12 , #13#14,  #15 , #16#17 , #18 , #19,  #20,  #21#22,  #23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42,  #43#44#45,  #46#47,  #48#49,  #50,  #51#52 , #53#54, and #55.

Answers not found following the questions can be found in the archives section for each associated month under Ask Me Anything.

Now ask away. 

7 comments:

Brame said...

I'm getting your Xombi run ready for a custom bind. Any ideas where I can get cover images without logos and such? I'm wanting to find the Ninth Stronghold for the book cover and I still designing the dust cover but will be using some of Birch's work for it. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mike Dell said...

Hey, if you were going to do a Kobalt series, would you start where you left off, or would you start a new version?

John Rozum said...

Brame - I'm not sure what to tell you. The Birch stuff will be tricky to find no matter what. The only cover of his I think I ever saw without the logo was issue #2. If I have a scan it's on a floppy disc which I don't have the means to open. You could check with Noelle Giddings on Facebook. She colored the covers, and might have scans, or even the originals. Tell her I sent you.

Frazer's stuff is probably easy to find using an image search. He has a tumblr account where he can reached, or on Facebook.

I'd love to see your custom binding when you have it.

John Rozum said...

Mike -- I left it at a point where there were a number of options, but I would probably start over. Cobalt is my one real regret in comics. I made the mistake of writing it for a perceived market and not writing what I set out to do in the first place. Tragically the scripts that would have been the next issues following cancellation were exactly how I'd intended the series to be from the beginning. I'd stick with the general concept of this dark, brooding superhero being forced to take on a sidekick, and I'd keep some of the scenes and other characters, but I'd redo the whole thing as something a lot more playful, action packed and with more comedy.

Brame said...

Sorry for take so long to respond. I'll give Noelle a shot, thank you. I'll contact you with photos once I've gotten the layout squared and another set after it gets back from the binder.

Mike Dell said...

Awesome! And is there any chance that I could find/read the next issues that you're talking about?

John Rozum said...

Sorry, Mike. They are all stored on an archaic floppy disc, so even I can't access them.