Tuesday, October 23, 2007

31 Days of Halloween - Day 23




This is an odd item. I can't tell you who made it, where I got it, or when, though I'm guessing it was the late 1990s. This is one of those collapsible push puppets; the ones held together with taut rubber bands, and when you push in the underside of the base, the figure collapses into a limp heap, only to spring back to life when the button is released.

I bought it because it is the Frankenstein monster, and his design has a quaint charm to it. he's made of wood, and all set to go trick-or-treating with his skull pail. I also have a mummy and a skeleton in a witch hat that I'm guessing I picked up at the same time.

1 comment:

Max the drunken severed head said...

That ain't Frankenstein's Monster! That's Pinocchio with the top of his head sawn off!

(Geppetto could be a real b@$!**d when drunk.)