Tuesday, October 09, 2007

31 Days of Halloween - Day 9



I don't usually get to dress up for Halloween, as much as I'd like to. I don't put up any of our outdoor decorations until Halloween day, after all the kids in the neighborhood have left for school, and it usually takes me up until the first trick-or-treaters are stepping out of their houses before I'm done. This doesn't allow for much time to dress up.

I don't anticipate things being different this year, but I've found a solution in this great Teenage Frankenstein mask.




If you've seen the 1957 movie "I Was a Teenage Frankenstein" then you know that the costume is pretty much a normal male (well, a normal male, who lifts weights) in a t-shirt and jeans with a really messed up face and a neck brace.

So, I can just remain dressed as I normally do, and then throw this on at the last minute and instant kid repellant!





Of course, I discovered from these photos I discovered on our digital camera, taken by my children--who did not have permission to play with daddy's mask--that the mask is much more disturbing on a child-sized person.

No comments: