Monday, October 01, 2007

31 Days of Halloween - Day 1



You don't need to wait until Halloween for strange things to be seen. Beginning today, there will be strange things a'plenty to see here each and every day during my second annual, month-long, Halloween countdown.

For those of you who were here last year, welcome back, for you first timers, welcome aboard. If you're interested in seeing what last year's countdown was like, look no further than here.

This year's countdown will follow a similar format, with musings on various aspects of the holiday that I find most appealing, links to more holiday fun, as well as daily movie reviews, and images from my collection of Halloween and monster memorabilia. I'm also going to provide a few new tricks and treats this year including a DIY project, a contest, or two, and a daily riddle, the answer to which will be provided the following day.

What made last year's countdown even more fun was that I wasn't alone. My cohorts at Secret Funspot, Neato Coolville, Plastic Pumpkins, and Branded in the 80s, are each going to be running their own month long Halloween countdowns as well, and I recommend you visit them all.

5 comments:

Max the drunken severed head said...

I've joined the countdown too!

John Rozum said...

Welcome aboard, friend Max! I'd been planning to post you as my recommended link for tomorrow, and now there's even more (not that there needed to be) reason to do so.

I look forward to seeing your daily posts.

Anonymous said...

A couple weeks ago I happened upon your blog as I was preparing for the Halloween Season. Just wanted to say thanks for the great countdown last year, looking forward to this years countdown as well! Also, I just watched Sliver for the first time last night with my kids, you were right, it was great! I'm sure we'll be watching it every year!
Happy Halloween, and thanks again for the great inspiration!

Kris P. Brown

Anonymous said...

uh...I meant Slither. Oops.

Kris P. Brown

Dane said...

I'm back aboard for this year too! This is going to be too much fun.