Monday, October 06, 2008

31 Days of Halloween - Day 6














As I mentioned during a previous Halloween countdown, for me, Halloween wouldn't be complete without at least one visit from the Headless Horseman. Around this time each year, guests at Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Resort and campgrounds have the good fortune to catch sight of the Headless Horseman gripping his lighted jack o'lantern while he searches for a replacement head, while taking part in the haunted hayride.

I think it would be even better if the Headless Horseman rode by the campsites and restaurants at night, truly haunting the resort. How cool would it be to look out your cabin window and see this figure galloping past in the woods?

The image is a photo of a photo hanging in the horse stables at the Fort Wilderness resort".

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

I would love to see this live!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I live in Central Florida and we camp out at Fort Wilderness. And I can attest to the sheer magic of this as only Disney can do it. Unfortunately, the last time we camped during Halloween time, my only daughter at that time was very young, and too scared to do the Haunted Hayride...BOO HISS! But it was fun just being in proximity to it all. And I totally agree that haunting the campsites would a spooktastic touch.