Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 Days of Halloween - Day 27 - Movie 1


A group of college students head off to spend time in a cabin in the woods where they fall into archetypal horror movie character roles and are stalked and killed, one by one, by a family of crazy hillbilly zombies. One of the students discovers that they're behavior and situation is being manipulated by an outside agency serving a far darker purpose, and master, than they know.

I've finally gotten around to watching The Cabin in the Woods (2011) and it was as satisfying and fun as I'd been led to expect it would be. The cast was enjoyable, the premise of the movie was clever, and the way it embraced and played against established, cliché horror movie tropes was fulfilling. Oh yeah, and the monsters, and the vast variety of monsters was great. My two favorites were the ballerina and phantom that pulled the ghost out of the soldier. I only have two complaints about the movie. I would have loved to have seen more of these monsters and for longer than we were given, and out of all of the possibilities for what could have been terrorizing the students at the cabin, I wish it had been something other than zombies. I already look forward to watching this again.



1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Was quite happily surprised with this one, myself. Much better than I thought it was going to be!