Thursday, October 22, 2020

31 Days of Halloween - Day 22

There will be one more sire specific post from my May 2019 trip to Paris, France. In the meantime here are some of the more scattered monstrous things that I came across while there.
The following is the painting, Le Grand Escalier de l'Opera by Victor Navalet followed by an incredible scale model of the Paris Opera House. I did not get to visit the actual Opera House, but the Pahantom of the Opera (1925) is one of my favorite horror films, and I'd hoped to tour it's catacombs and the sewers below. Alas, there i s only so much that can be fit into a ten day visit.
The following are from an exhibit on aquatic cryptozoology. I will be posting the entire exhibit in November. Here are just some of the more relevent bits that pertain to this post.
More to come tomorrow.

No comments: