Tuesday, October 06, 2020

31 Days of Halloween - Day 6




When I was a kid we still had a milkman; a Hood delivery man to be precise, who went house to house in his truck delivering milk, ice cream, cottage cheese -- anything that Hood distributed.

Towards the end of the Summer of 1974, our Hood delivery man stopped at my driveway with a present for me. Apparently even our milkman knew of my love of monsters. He handed me a box of a new ice cream treat shaped like the head of the Frankenstein monster. I was really excited by this -- until I ate one. It turns out that as a child I didn't like pistachio ice cream. My parents told me I could never let our milkman know that I didn't like them since he meant well and gave it to me as a gift. I assume my parents ate the rest of them.

No one I know seems to remember these, and there isn't really any information to be found on the internet. While I only received the box of Frightful Frank ice cream heads on a stick, there were three other varieties shown below.





No comments: