Sunday, October 04, 2020

31 Days of Halloween - Day 4



In this year of Covid-19, none of us have been traveling much. Back in February, just before the outbreak began, but when there were no doubt unknown cases already present, I was in New York City.  I did not know I would not be getting back there anytime soon, nor did I go with an eye towards this Halloween Countdown, but I did see a number of things that were Halloween appropriate. Most of these images came from the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, including items on display in the Envisioning 2001: Stanley Kubrick's Space Odyssey exhibit, The Jim Henson Exhibition, and Creatures from the Land of Thra: Character Design for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance exhibit, as well as items from the permanent collection. 

There are a lot of images, so this post will continue tomorrow.









































Part 2 will appear tomorrow. I also have a ton more photos from the Envisioning 2001: Stanley Kubrick's Space Odyssey exhibit. If there's any interest in seeing those after the Halloween season is over, please leave a comment. 

























No comments: